One of the Biggest Defense Verdicts of the Year - 2001
In 2001 Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly selected a case in which Attorney Jeff Clark was one of the trial attorneys who represented the City of Brockton, Massachusetts to be one of the biggest defense verdicts of the year. Attorney Clark was co-counsel for the city in a case in which the plaintiffs claimed the use of pepper spray indoors constituted excessive force under 42 U.S.C. § 1983 because its use affected not only individuals involved in a disturbance, but other innocent bystanders. At trial in the U.S.District Court of Massachusetts, the jury returned a verdict in favor of the City of Brockton.
One of the Most Important Opinions of the Year - 1998
In 1998 Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly designated a case in which Attorney Jeff Clark was appellate counsel for an automobile insurer to be one of the most important opinions of the year. The Appellate Division of the Massachusetts District Court affirmed a judgment of the trial court in favor of an automobile insurer finding the insurance policy was void from inception as a result of fraud in application relating to fictitious driver’s license information provided on the policy application.
This information is provided for informational purposes only. Past results are no guarantee of future case outcomes. Each case is unique.
Some of Attorney Clark's Significant Cases
- How to Save Money Using Open-Source Software in Your Practice, MCLE, Inc. (June 2015)
- Equipping Your Office - Essential Hardware & Software Considerations, MCLE, Inc. (April 2013)
- Co-author of Massachusetts Tort Claims Act 2001 Update, MCLE, Inc. 2001-91007-25 (July 2001)
- International Arbitration - Foreign Arbitral Awards - Algerian Accords Represent and “Agreement in Writing” for Purposes of the New York Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards, 14 Suffolk Transnational L.R. 2 (1991)
- Act of State Doctrine - Extraterritoriality Exception - Lack of Effect on American Interests Prevents Owners of Property Confiscated on Foreign Soil From Collecting Debt Owed by American Corporations, 14 Suffolk Transnational L.R. 1 (1990)